Monday, November 16, 2009

pumpkin pie & piano

What happens when you run out of pumpkin pie? You make more! Right about this time each year, I start making pumpkin pie until my family begs me to stop. I love pumpkin pie and they do too. I just think I love it more. For the guys in the family, it's a perfect excuse to consume whipped cream. They'll put whipped cream on just about anything.

I use the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe, but I substitute fat-free instead of regular evaporated milk. To me, that gives it a lighter taste (and is better for you). I've got a nice little collection of Longaberger pie plates (they're awesome), and I look for just about any excuse to bake a pie. Ooh, I can smell this pumpkin pie as it's baking now. MmmMmm!

And here's Noah after his piano performance at this year's Fall Festival this past Saturday. He played Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (first movement) beautifully. His dad and I were so proud! I captured a video of the performance on my new cell phone. Now we just have to figure out how to get it off the phone and onto a computer. I'll update when that happens. : : Better go check on that pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment