Sunday, March 14, 2010

iditarod

I love the jingle-jangle sound of a happy dog sled team!

Last week, my hubby asked me what I wanted for my birthday. "A subscription to the Iditarod Insider," I replied. "Really?," he asked. "Yes, really," I said. So that's what I got, and I'm loving it! The race started last Sunday, and today is day 8. I get daily updates, behind the scenes videos and reports, real-time GPS tracking of the mushers and their dog teams, the history of the race, and much, much more.

I think my favorite thing about the race is the dogs. They just can't wait to get going and then going again after each stop. And I've always been fascinated by the amazing beauty of Alaska, even though I hate the cold.

The Iditarod is The Last Great Race on Earth, and I think I'm hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment