Monday, December 28, 2009

snowball::stockings::santa

:: snowball ::
For the sake of alliteration, here's a snowball from the
December 4, 2009 earliest Houston snowfall on record.
.
::stockings::
Our stockings look so nice on the "new" white fireplace.
I'm thinking I want to add a little greenery to the stockings
sometime soon - a little jolly holly.
.
:: santa :: We got a new silver Christmas tree this year, with holographic "needles" that reflect a rainbow of color. I love, love, love it because it's skinny and fits right into our "Christmas tree corner."
.
This Santa ornament is one of my favorites because it makes me think of my dad. He didn't play the saxaphone, but he was a jolly ol' elf, indeed.
.
On Christmas day, Emily and I were sick so we all stayed home. Lucky for us, my most talented Hubby is a great cook and whipped up a wonderful Christmas dinner on the spur of the moment. It was a quiet Christmas, but we were all together.
.
Here's wishing everyone a wonderful New Year.
May 2010 be much better to us than 2009 was!
.
(And let me just say, whenever I hear an alliteration I think of:
"beets, bears, Battlestar Galactica." Don't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment