Sunday, June 07, 2009

Goldie

Emily loves baseball! While watching the Astros play a winning game today, Hubby brought up the subject of my Great Uncle Goldie Holt. I remember hearing stories about him when I was much younger and a little about his career in baseball. Basically, all I knew was that he was somehow associated with the Los Angeles Dodgers.So I decided to "google" him and I found out a lot more than I knew. He was a player, coach and manager in the minor leagues, and a coach for several major league teams. As a scout for the Los Angeles Dodgers, he found talent in the late 1960s and early 1970s that helped the Dodgers win three National League pennants in the 1970s. His entire career spanned from 1924 to 1973.

Emily asked, "Why didn't I know about this?!?" So now I'm thinking that, like one of those geneology commercials tells us, perhaps this explains why Emily.Loves.Baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment