Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MY pleated beauty

Even though I haven't finished sewing up the remaining items on my gift list (I've completed only one out of three), I took a break to make something for myself. Inspired by this Pleated Beauty (from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing), I made one of my own using fat quarters from a stack of My Folklore fabric I purchased a while back.
I've made only one Pleated Beauty previous to this one. It was really big (like tote bag big), but that was fine because dear daughter used it for a dance bag. I made this one smaller so it would be more of a handbag. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's interesting how the design details evolve as you go along. I added an extra pocket to the interior, as well as a little ribbon and clip to secure my change purse inside. It was so much fun and now I'm looking forward to making more handbags.

This is Spring Break week for my two Juniors, and it's good to have our girlie home for a week. Before we know it, the spring semester will end and she'll be home for the summer (yea!) -- and then there will be non-stop Astros coverage at our house. Looking forward to baseball season. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment