Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pictures from December

Since I didn't have a blog in December, I didn't have anywhere to post pictures. So here's what I found floating around in the camera.

In December, great-nephew baby Teagen turned one (!) and for his birthday, I made him a pillow with a big "T" on it. It's got a football design going on there and some denim fringe on the border. The blue fabric is leftover from the gifts I made for his baby shower and the fleece is recycled from a Halloween cape I made for my son a few years ago. I've just recently started sewing, and it's been a lot of fun making things for gifts.

At the Hanging of the Greens at church, we were all entertained by the Irregardless Gnomes. They were really great! Had the house rocking. Oh, and that's my son, lead singer on keyboard. So, yeah. They were really great! Just ask anyone who was there. They'll tell you. Honest.

So continuing with the gift making, I needed help choosing the fabric for an apron I planned to include in a "Dirty Santa" gift. Fortunately, I have a very classy kitty living at my house, and she quickly identified the right mix of fabrics for my gift apron. Thanks, Callie.

Here's the finished apron. I made it from a set of old sheets (they were never used for some reason) and a tutorial off the web. It's reversible, too. SIL Gloria got it first, then Steph stole it (which made me feel really good that someone actually wanted it!).

And here's our traditional holiday breakfast - cinnamon rolls and sparkling juice. We started this tradition when the kids were young and it stuck. Can't have a holiday without it. Hubby made these cinnamon rolls based on a Ranch Biscuit recipe he dug out of the recipe box, and they were delicious!
Next on my list of sewing duties is to finish an Indian costume for my son, which I started a year ago. For some reason, I found the courage today to pull it out of the fabric box, so hopefully the next step is to finish it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment